Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Social Media Revolution 2

For anyone that is not in my Library 2.0 and Social Networking class, check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZ0z5Fm-Ng

I found it extremely interesting and some parts were surprising. You don't need to be a future librarian or professor to enjoy it!

I certainly do not consider social media a fad. A few years ago, I did not want to join Facebook. When it opened up to people other than college students, I just thought I was too old to even be interested in such a site. Many of my friends started asking me if I had a Facebook account and told me I should sign up so it would be easier to keep in touch. Word of mouth was what ultimately lead to my decision to join the social networking site.

My mother has joined Facebook as well. She fits into the 55-65 year old fastest growing group of users. She is somewhat active on the site and uses it to talk to relatives out of state. I did have to help her post a picture of the family when after a few months; she still had a "creepy lady shadow" as her profile picture!


Creepy Lady Shadow
Deborah Jean Blanchard



Mom’s New Profile Picture
Carol Servideo

No comments:

Post a Comment